Almond milk is so easy to make. I make small quantities at a time, otherwise it will go to waste, as no one else in my household will drink it.
The recipe below makes roughly one 250ml mini milk bottle. If you want to make two bottles, double it. Three bottles treble the recipe and so on. Just add a little more salt and cinnamon as you go. If you want it to be sweeter, add a medjool date.
- 30g raw almonds, soaked overnight in 1/2 litre of water
- tiny pinch of salt
- small pinch of cinnamon (if desired)
- 1/2 Medjool date, pitted
- 240ml of filtered water
- Soak the raw almonds overnight in water or at least 6 hours
- Drain and rinse the almonds under cold running water
- Transfer the almonds into the blender with the rest of desired ingredients and 240ml of water. Blend until everything is combined.
- Put the muslin square in the sieve and strain the liquid into a bowl or jug. Once the liquid had drained through, squeeze the pulp to get the rest of the liquid out. Through the dry pulp away.
- Pour the milk into the mini milk bottles and store in the fridge. Lasts 2-3 days, always shake the bottle before using.